Sunday, January 4, 2009

I gonna get you!

My trip to Chicago for Christmas coincided with a bunch of new things I was learning...Aunt Deedee and Uncle Matt taught me the "I'm gonna get you" game. You know, the one where you get chased around the house until you're laughing so hard you can't move? One of the other things I learned involved me collapsing to the floor in frustration whenever I was misunderstood or told, "No!"

Truthfully, I get told "No!" so often that I decided to start trying it out for myself.

Mommy and Daddy always point their fingers at me when I do something I'm not supposed to, so I figure when you say "No" you have to really mean it. After a couple of days though, I started to realize it was a lot funnier when you said it but didn't mean it. When you're just kidding, you make a face like this:

I had a really fun time with all of my relatives. We spent Christmas Eve with Grandma & Grandpa, and then went to Jen & Rick's house for Christmas Day. Don't we all look pretty?

This year, I wasn't quite sure what to make of Santa Claus. Mrs. Claus was all right, but that guy makes a girl pause to think. I like bearded men and all, (especially Grandpa) but there's a limit!

I got lots of great gifts from everyone. Check out my new "biker" t-shirt and sushi lounge pants! Aunt Amy also gave me a really cool wooden sushi set and stir-fry bowl! I got lots of play food stuff, which is great because I like to pretend to serve people at my table. Mimi got me a tea set, and Aunt Jen got me tons of great grocery store stuff, including a cash register and cart!

One of my favorite visitors was my godfather, Uncle Joe. It has been a long time since I saw him, so I gave him lots of extra hugs.


He deserved them, too--he got me a new baby who was just my size! (Thanks to Auntie May too--I know she picked her out especially for me).

I got so many presents that Mom & Dad had to pack them up in two boxes and ship them back to Connecticut...I'm still waiting for them to arrive so I can play with all my new things while I think about the fun time I had with everyone.

3 comments:

The Back's said...

It looks like you had an amazing Christmas! Love the pics! We missed you all and can't wait to see all your fun gifts!

Pamela said...

It looks like you had lots of fun! You look so pretty in your Christmas dress, Ella! I'll have to practice that finger move when I say "No" to the boys...maybe they'll take me more seriously. Then again, maybe I'll just make that little face you make. :o) Happy New Year to you all. We loved that holiday post card! Wishing you all the best of everything.

Anonymous said...

We sure enjoyed seeing you during your visit at Christmas. You are growing so much! And you are getting more beautiful than ever! We love you and want you to come and see us real soon.
Love, Grandpa & Grandma