Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer in the (Really) Windy City

It's been a cool (literally and figuratively) summer in Chicago, and I've been keeping busy with all my Chicago friends and family. We kicked off the summer with my Auntie Suzie's wedding at the Park Ridge Country Club. I got to be the flower girl and walk down the aisle all by myself (almost)!
After the wedding, my mom and dad took off for The James hotel for two nights and ditched me for three whole days...but my mom and Amy made up for it by taking me to see the "scary guys" (pirates) at the Field Museum.
I got to make music with some really cool instruments...
...and Amy helped me make a totally wicked pirate hat!
I also got to celebrate my birthday with all of my family. Mimi made me a super delicious chocolate cake, and Amy made carrot cake cupcakes for Uncle Phil...but I got to lick the frosting off of one.
I got a ton of super cool presents from everyone: a new bucket of bubbles, new Adidas, some crocs with octopus & turtle gibbets, a fancy purple tutu, a raincoat and umbrella, and all sorts of other great gifts. Here are just a few snapshots of them all!


I've done a lot more things since all this has happened: Mystic Waters, the beach, and Kiddieland to name a few! But I'm off to Lincoln Park Zoo tomorrow, so I need to get my rest. I'll have to fill you in on the rest later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ella, we read your blog while we were in Belgium. Are you popular! Loved your report on your Chicago vacation. Can't wait to see you in your new house! Grandma and Grandpa