Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Midsummer Mayhem


Now that Mommy's got a blog of her own, she keeps forgetting to update mine! I am happy to report that I have had a jam-packed summer so far. Mommy & I spent a week in Chicago while Daddy attended a workshop for work, and we made sure that we did all of the things Mimi's been wanting to do with me for the last year!

We went to the Lincoln Park Zoo...





...and celebrated Uncle Garrett's dad's b-day at Arlington Racetrack.
The binoculars were a totally big help, since we were in a private room, right next to the announcer's booth!
I was a big help with my cousin, Nathan.
At the Botanic Gardens, I showed Mimi how my growth spurt made me taller than the flowers!
We went to the historic Choo Choo restaurant in Des Plaines for burgers and shakes served by a choo-choo-track on the bar.
It was a lot of fun, but all that running around really did a number on Nathan and me.
I also spent some time at home, but even then I was working!
I did an even better job than Noni's regular manicurist.
The trip included lots of fun sightseeing, but it wouldn't have been complete without seeing some of my favorite people. Unfortunately, I had so much fun hanging out with everyone that I forgot to take pictures! No pictures of time hanging at Grandma and Grandpa's house, or our trip to St. Louis for my cousin Logan's baptism, either. I guess life is really about living in the moment...not remembering to document all of them!

No comments: